NPC FITNESS COMPETITOR RULES
IN ROUND ONE (1)
- Competitors will compete in a two-piece suit. The bottom of the suit must be v-shaped. No thongs are permitted. Competitors can compete in an off the rack suit. All swimsuits must be in good taste.
- Competitors must wear high heels
- Competitors may wear jewelry.
- Round two (2) is maximum two minute routine.
- The contestants should have shape to their muscles but not size, definition or vascularity as in bodybuilding physique. If these are present the contestant will be scored down.
- NATIONAL LEVEL contests do not permit competitors to crossover into bodybuilding, figure or bikini in the same event. All other competitions are permitted to have crossovers at the discretion of the promoter with appropriate approval.
For national level contests that are professional qualifiers:
- Up to and including 5’2”
- Over 5’2” and up to and including 5’4-1/2”
- Over 5’4-1/2”
A promoter can choose to have fewer height classes for non national level contests as follows:
- 1 Class may be used at regional competitions
For all contests with two (2) classes:
- Up to and including 5’3”
- Over 5’3”
The contestants will be brought out on stage in one or more lines for quarter turns.
- Competitors will be judged wearing a two-piece swimsuit and heels.
- Judges will have the opportunity to compare competitors against each other
Judges will score the degree of athleticism using the following criteria:
- Overall physical appearance including –
- Overall Presentation
Each athlete will perform a maximum two minute routine.
Judges will use four (4) aspects to score this round using the following criteria:
|Strength||The amount and types of strength moves. The degree of difficulty of these moves. The ease and correctness of the moves.|
|Flexibility||The number and types of flexibility moves. The degree of difficulty of these moves. The ease and correctness of the moves.|
|Cardiovascular||The tempo of the routine.|
|Overall Package||Full general assessment including but not limited to creativity, stage presence, outfits, hair and make-up|
All athletes will be introduced in their two-piece swimsuits. The finalists will perform their routines. After all classes are completed the trophies will be awarded. At competitions where there is more than one class the class winners will be brought back in their two-piece swimsuits. Quarter turns will be done. The judges will then decide on the overall winner based on their physique and routine.
In regards to ties, after highs and lows are removed if there is still a tie, then the athlete who has won the routine round is the winner.
Who Qualifies for National Level Competitions?
- Competitors that place in the top five (5) in each open class at national qualifying contests qualify for the Junior USA competition.
Competitors that place in the top three (3) in each open class at national qualifying contests qualify for all other national level competitions.
- One-year qualification for the top five (5) places in each class at national-level contests previously listed.
The following must be provided with your entry:
- NPC fitness contest you entered
- Date of your contest
- Contest promoter
- Your height class and final placing
Beginning in 2011, the emphasis in Women’s Fitness will be the fitness routine and will be scored as 1/3 on Physique/2-Piece Swimsuit and 2/3 on the 2 Minute Fitness Routine. The 2 Minute Fitness Routine scores will be doubled. The mandatory movements within the routine, in no specific order, in Women’s Fitness are as follows:
- Push Up (of any kind)
- High Kicks
- Straddle Hold
- Side Split
The Physique/2-Piece Swimsuit round will be judged during prejudging and the 2 Minute Fitness Routine will be performed and scored during finals. It is suggested that finals begin with the 2 Minute Fitness Routine.