OFFICIAL NPC BIKINI DIVISION RULES
- Each competitor must be a member of the NPC.
BIKINI COMPETITOR RULES
- Competitors will compete in a two-piece suit. The bottom of the suit must be v-shaped. No thongs are permitted. Competitors can compete in an off the rack suit. All swimsuits must be in good taste. Athletes will be warned about improper suits and are advised to bring two (2) suits to check in. The fronts of the suits are too low and must be constructed higher. Athletes will be scored down if the suit is not up to standard
- Competitors must wear high heels.
- Competitors may wear jewelry.
- National level contests do not permit competitors to crossover into Bodybuilding, Fitness or Figure at the same event. All other competitions are permitted to have crossovers at the discretion of the promoter with appropriate approval.
Take a look at our recent NPC contest galleries for examples of approved swimsuits and styles.
BIKINI HEIGHT CLASSES
NEW BIKINI HEIGHT CLASSES FOR 2017
Beginning in 2017, select NPC national level and non-national level contests will now have the option of offering up to eight (8) Height Classes. The promoters of these contests will indicate the amount of Height Classes available on their entries. The breakdown is as follows;
Class A: Up to and including 5’1”
Class B: Over 5’1” and up to and including 5’2”
Class C: Over 5’2” and up to and including 5’3”
Class D: Over 5’3” and up to and including 5’4”
Class E: Over 5’4” and up to and including 5’5”
Class F: Over 5’5” and up to and including 5’6”
Class G: Over 5’6” and up to and including 5’7”
Class H: Over 5’7”
A promoter can choose to have fewer height classes as follows:
For all contests with six (6) classes:
Class A: Up to and including 5’1”
Class B: Over 5’1” and up to and including 5’2-1/2”
Class C: Over 5’2-1/2” and up to and including 5’4”
Class D: Over 5’4” and up to and including 5’5-1/2”
Class E: Over 5’5-1/2” and up to and including 5’7”
Class F: Over 5’7”
For all contests with four (4) classes:
Class A: Up to and including 5’2”
Class B: Over 5’2” and up to and including 5’4”
Class C: Over 5’4” and up to and including 5’6”
Class D: Over 5’6”
For all contests with three (3) classes:
Class A:Up to and including 5’4”
Class B:Over 5’4” and up to and including 5’6”
Class C: Over 5’6”
For all contests with two (2) classes:
Class A: Up to and including 5’4”
Class B: Over 5’4”
Bikini Division competitors will be checked in and measured the same as Fitness and Figure competitors.
BIKINI COMPETITION JUDGING
- Competitors will walk onstage alone and perform their Model Walk (personal preference)
- The Model Walk consists of the following:
Walk to the center of the stage , stop and do a front stance, then a full turn and do a back stance, then turn to the front again and face the judges as directed then proceed to the side of the stage. No lewd acts are permitted. Length of time allowed is 10 seconds.
Comparison Round, Two-Piece Swimsuit:
- Competitors will be judged wearing a two-piece swimsuit and heels.
- The competitors will be brought back out in a group and directed to do a full front and back stance.
- Judges will have the opportunity to compare competitors against each other in half turns. (No side judging permitted, front and back only.)
Judges will be scoring competitors using the following criteria:
- Balance and Shape
- Overall physical appearance including complexion, skin tone, poise and overall presentation.
If you need help or are unsure of how to execute the above instructions then please take a look at the following videos.
NATIONAL LEVEL CONTESTS
Who Qualifies for Bikini National Level Competitions:
- Competitors that place in the top five (5) in each class at national qualifying contests are qualified for the Jr USA, Jr Nationals, Universe and North American Championships. Competitors that place in the top three at a national qualifying contest are eligible for the USA and Nationals.
- One-year qualification for the top five (5) places in each class at national-level contests previously listed.
The following must be provided with your entry:
• NPC Bikini Contest You Entered
• Date Of Contest
• Contest Promoter
• Your Height Class & Final Placing
NPC CONTEST SCHEDULE
The NPC has bikini contests all over the United States. Take a look at the schedule below for a NPC contest in your area.